Assess your organizational readiness
The first step in planning for a social enterprise is determining if your organization is actually ready and capable of starting a social enterprise. This involves review of your organization’s vision, objectives, capacity, and capabilities.
There are three types of readiness to assess:
- Basic organizational readiness
- Social enterprise readiness
- Business readiness
Your organization needs to ask itself:
- Does social enterprise make sense for the organization?
- Is the organization ready for social enterprise with respect to capacity and capabilities?
- If the organization is not currently ready and capable of taking on a social enterprise, what does the organization need to do in order to get ready?